Last Updated: January, 2023
At William Tell Archery, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We firmly believe that electronic security and privacy are necessary for the continued success of the Internet. In support of this, we only use the personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that you provide in accordance with the terms outlined below.
- Information We Collect
When you use our Sites, you may choose to provide certain information directly to us to request more information or services, including the following Personal Information:
- first name, last name;
- email address;
- delivery address;
- home, work and mobile phone numbers;
You may, however, visit our Sites anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
- new or returning visitor;
- time of visit;
- duration of visit;
- pages viewed;
- where you found the Sites (search, direct, social media, etc.);
- country you’re visiting from;
- technology you’re using (browser, screen resolution, etc.); and
- gender and age range.
- How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information when you:
- visit our Sites;
- request information;
- fill out a form;
- purchase products participate in surveys, promotional offers, contests or sweepstakes.
A “cookie” is a small data file stored on your web browser or on your mobile device that allows us to recognize your computer or mobile device when you visit the Sites by associating identification numbers with other user information you have provided us. Some cookies will remain on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device for the duration of your browser or user session, while others will remain until deleted by you. You may also be able to configure your computer or mobile device to limit the collection of these “cookies,” but that limitation may also limit our ability to provide all the services or functionality of the Sites. Some third party service providers may use “flash cookies,” which are saved on your computer, but cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out of, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies. To learn how to manage your flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- How We Use Collected Information
William Tell Archery Supplies collects and uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to personalize user experience;
- to facilitate purchases and transactions, including by advertising;
- we may use information in the aggregate to understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites;
- to improve our Sites;
- to improve customer service;
- to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- to administer content, promotion, survey or other Site feature;
- to send you information you have agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you; and
- if you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Sites.
- How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information and data stored on our Sites. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Sites and their users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
- Sharing Your Personal Information
William Tell Archery Supplies also may disclose your Personal Information:
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you products or services you desire;
- to a third party or parties, with your consent and where disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- if, in the reasonable judgment of William Tell Archery Supplies, it is necessary enforce compliance with our internal policies or to protect our Sites, customers, or others; and
- to any other entity that acquires all or a portion of our organization by merger, reorganization, operation of law, or a sale of some or all of William Tell Archery Supplies’s assets.
William Tell Archery Supplies may also be required to use or disclose your information in connection with a legal action or other proceeding, including without limitation, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
William Tell Archery Supplies may disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Third Party Websites
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Social Media Sites
We work with third parties, including social network sites like Twitter and LinkedIn, and with application developers who specialize in social commerce so we can connect to your social networks. All of these companies operate Social Media Sites. We provide access to our Sites by third parties and business partners so we can generate interest in our products among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product interests with friends in your network.
The use of any features made available to you on our Sites by a third party may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by the third party. Information collected or shared through any such third party features is considered public information by us because the Social Media Sites made it publicly available. If you do not want us to be able to access information about you from Social Media Sites, you must instruct Social Media Sites not to share the information. William Tell Archery Supplies is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you so be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Social Media Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt out of sharing such information. However, we do identify any areas on our Sites where third parties share information about you.
We use features on Social Media Sites that allow you to express positive opinions about our services. Those Social Media Sites may collect or register your views about our services and make those views available to William Tell Archery Supplies and on public portions of the Social Media Sites. If you do not wish any of this to happen, you should not express your views about our services on Social Media Sites and you should review your privacy settings on such Social Media Sites. We are not obligated to display your name or other identifying information, account name, profile photo or other information or content on our Sites even if you express an opinion about our services or have consented to our use of such information or content. We reserve the right to remove the information of any person for any reason. We may also remove from our Sites, in our sole discretion, any product offering or any photo or product description relating thereto. If you would like us to delete the data we have collected about you that we have received through any social media provider or Social Media Site, please contact us. However, if your information is deleted you may not have access to certain promotions, services information or opportunities as a result.
The Sites may list or link to third party products or services. William Tell Archery Supplies does not have any control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of suppliers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. For these reasons, William Tell Archery Supplies and its affiliates cannot ensure that a buyer or supplier will actually complete a transaction. William Tell Archery Supplies will not be a party to any transactions between you and such third parties and any correspondence concerning such transactions should be conducted between you and the third party.
- Children’s Information
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from submitting any personally identifiable information to William Tell Archery Supplies through the Sites. If you believe a child has provided us with information, contact us at email@example.com
- California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- International Users
At this time, our Sites are based in and solely intended for residents of the United States and Canada. If you are not a resident of the United States or Canada, please do not provide any Personal Information to us through the Sites. If you have any questions or requests, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
- Your Consent and Updates to this Policy